- Silent auction held during the evening
- $65 per person
- Expected attendance of 300
- Sponsorship and underwriting opportunities available
- Distinguished honoree award recipients (25)
Proceeds from SET’s 2010 25th Anniversary event will be directed toward children living in poverty in Milwaukee and their families through SET’s Family Empowerment program. The program’s activities include:
- Homelessness Prevention: connecting families to rental assistance, utility assistance and supportive services designed to stabilize families in their existing homes
- Project Restore: managing temporary housing services for the formerly homeless
- Resident Supportive Services: providing service coordination for residents of low-income and public housing
- People Helping People: delivering peer group support for parents of school-age children
- PEACE: inspiring, educating and healing for children impacted by violence. The PEACE Program seeks to guide the child toward wholesome growth and development and, ultimately, toward productive involvement in the school community.
SET, a community-based organization, conducts its work based on the guiding principles of its founders: servant leadership and pursuit of social justice. The organization’s main office is located at 50th and Chambers Streets in Milwaukee’s central city, but most associates work from two dozen satellite offices throughout Milwaukee, near where people work and live. The organization’s staff includes Social workers, Nurses and Behavioral-health professionals.
SET is a community-based organization whose mission is to serve the Milwaukee community with health and human services that support socially and economically disadvantaged people to establish and achieve goals that promote self-sufficiency and improve their lives.